I have let the ball drop on this one. Thank you faithful readers for sticking with me. Family issues, my own selfishness, and laziness have kept me from doing what needs to be done.
A couple of weeks ago, I had planned to do a weekend fast. The time came for me to purchase a few things- like juice, fresh fruit and veggies, rice- but then I chickened out. I tried not to think about it. I knew I had disobeyed the Holy Spirit. I chose not to do what the Holy Spirit had lead me to desire.
A week later I got sick--digestive stuff--coincidence? I think not. I couldn't eat anything except rice and I drank only water. God showed me that I could fast. This time I will not wait until I get sick to do it. I will willingly fast for the sake of the Gospel. This time I will ask my friends and family to keep me accountable with it.
With that being said, I will be fasting this weekend (March 12-14). Please pray for me and don't hesitate to honestly ask me how I am preparing for it. I don't want to do this for show, but I can't do it without support from my brothers and sisters. Also, if you are interested in doing a fast yourself check out this link http://www.creatingfutures.net/fasting.htm
I will be seeking the Lord through prayer and scripture as I prepare and participate in the fast. I would love to hear your comments and questions!
08 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There's a great word that rhymes with coincidence and has such a better meaning: Providence.
ReplyDelete:)
haha, so true. It was Providence... I am convinced!
ReplyDelete